Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This week

It has been a crazy past few days... we finally had Landon's IEP meeting Friday and they told us he would start school Monday (yesterday). I was nervous all weekend, for me and for him. Monday I took him and stayed with him for about 30 minutes. He seemed apprehensive about me leaving, but didn't cry. I did though, as soon as I got to the car. I pulled it together, other then just feeling gloomy all day. He didn't go all day because he had therapy at noon, so I think it was a nice way to ease him in. They said he did well. I figured he would, I was only gone around 3 hours. I was more worried about today when he would be there all day. And today was rough. Not as bad as yesterday, frankly I didn't have time to be upset. I had to do the usual and get up and dressed and get them both up, so we were running out the door 5 minutes before we were supposed to be there; good thing we live so close! He was still a little scared I think, he wanted to know exactly where I was going and when I was going to be back... but he walked off and started to play.

Halle and I had a good time at our play date. It was nice to be able to concentrate on her and not have to worry about Landon getting upset or overstimulated by the other kids. We made Mickey Mouse ears. :) And of course, ate lots of food! I think she misses Landon; she is always happy to see him. I am still waiting on the director of her possible preschool to call. She called when I was at our play date and I didn't get any reception. I called back but she was gone. She said on the message that they only had 2 day spots open. I was kind of disappointed about that but it is better then nothing. I can always get her into a 3 or 5 day spot for next year. 

I picked Landon up today and they said nap time was a bit of a problem. I knew it would be, he is used to sleeping alone in his room. She said he was upset about it and he told me about it too. The assistant stayed with him until he fell asleep. I am sure it will just take some getting used to. The only thing that bugged me was when I got in the car and realized they got his food all over his clothes. He even still had ground up food on the seat of his pants where he had sat and squished it in and no one had bothered to wipe it off. It was all over the place. I don't think they used the bib we sent, that is what catches all the food. So I am going to say something tomorrow. Don't want to sound like super bitch, but that was spaghetti sauce, I don't want all of his clothes ruined. I got them home and put some spray and wash on them so I think they are ok. But still...

Well enough for today!

No comments: